VP Product Management
About The Position
We're Edgybees, a startup on the fast track to bring Clarity, Accuracy, and Speed to Lifesaving Missions. We provide accurate geo-registration and augmented reality of aerial video in real-time, enabling defense, public safety, and critical infrastructure command centers to accomplish life-saving missions. We are growing fast and looking for enthusiastic team players.
If you would like to be part of shaping the future using cutting-edge technologies and be a member of a team that constantly breaks new grounds, then Edgybees is searching for you!
We are searching for a VP Product Management to join our fast-growing team in the Washington DC Metro area (remote options considered) and make an impact!
The VP Product will act as a key member of the leadership team and will be responsible for ensuring the execution of our product strategy. As the primary interface between the R&D, Sales, and Engineering teams, you will build the product team while leading and shaping the vision and direction of the company’s cutting-edge products and services.
As VP Product, you will provide operational leadership while coaching and developing product management talent. You should have a deep technical understanding, excellent analytical skills, strong business acumen, the ability to define a visionary product, and the ability to lead a team and work in a fast-moving startup environment.
What you will do:
- Drive the company’s overall product vision;
- Define, communicate, plan and execute our product vision, strategy, and roadmap;
- Lead market and technical research, including competitive landscape to assess and identify customer’s business and technical needs;
- Provide business and market context to decisions made within and across groups;
- Promote a culture of innovation, collaboration, and customer-facing experimentation.
- 10+ years of experience in product management of software products;
- At least 3 years of experience in leading product management teams;
- Proven record of defining and delivering enterprise-class products and solutions;
- Demonstrated ability to think strategically and translate plans into phased actions;
- Demonstrated experience in Agile development methodologies;
- Effective oral, written, and interpersonal communication skills. Strong presentation skills necessary to communicate and persuade a wide range of audiences;
- Ability to provide a trusted voice at the decision-making table and be an advocate for Edgybees vision and value proposition;
- Experience with GIS, Video, Satellite Imagery, and Saas products - significant advantage;
- Bachelor’s Degree required. Computer Science, Engineering, Math, or Physics majors preferred. MBA a plus;
- Customer-driven mindset and insatiable appetite for engineering excellence, and drive for outcomes;
- Experience in a fast-paced environment, and a deep understanding of product development lifecycle, roadmap prioritization, and customer-driven innovation;
- Team player ready to roll up your sleeves and adapt to the changing needs of a rapidly growing company;
- Ability to travel up to 25%.
- DoD Secret or higher clearance or held a previous clearance - an advantage;
- Experience working in US Government (Civilian, DoD, Intel);
- Experience with real-time aerial video, drones, and ISR;
- Hands-on experience with Maps and GIS concepts and technologies, e.g. ArcGIS, ArcMap, OSM, GeoServer, Google Maps, USGS;
- Deep knowledge of cloud platforms (AWS/GCP/Azure);
- Experience with scaled systems and understanding data and system integration.