Technical Product Manager
About The Position
Join Edgybees, a startup on the fast track to bringing Trust, Reliability, and Speed to data processing within the space and aviation industries. Today, we instantly transform spatial content into actionable & reliable information to deliver a safer world. We do so by providing accurate georegistration and augmented reality of aerial video and satellite imagery in real-time. We enable users in the commercial space industry and in organizations supporting defense, public safety, and critical infrastructure to understand the world with accuracy, precision and speed never available before. We have found traction, are growing fast, and looking for enthusiastic team players to join our team.
If you would like to be part of envisioning the future and be a member of a team that constantly breaks new grounds, then Edgybees is looking for you! We are searching for an experienced Technical Product Manager to join our growing team in Washington DC (USA) to make an impact!
As a technical product manager at Edgybees, you will translate customer needs, engineering capabilities, and business opportunities into a desirable, feasible, and viable product that solves real problems for real people. You will take full ownership of the development lifecycle - 1) researching and distilling stakeholders' needs, 2) ideating and prototyping possible products that solve problems, 3) defining feature specifications, 4) working with engineering from development to production and maintenance, 5) while gathering user feedback and iterating on what we’ve built.
To effectively solve customer problems with our product at Edgybees, you must have a deep technical background, excellent analytical skills, the ability to define and describe innovative solutions, and excel at communicating and coordinating both internally and externally at our fast-moving startup.
What you will do:
- Execute towards achieving the product vision, strategy, and roadmap
- Identify and solve critical customer problems with impactful tech-based solutions
- Digest and distill information from internal and external stakeholders
- Evaluate solutions through qualitative methods such as user interviews, usability tests & surveys
- Advise and iterate against existing product capabilities to plot a path forward, weighing tradeoffs between available resources against opportunity
- Write user stories and workflows and summarize findings in product requirements documents (PRDs)
- Empathize with users to understand their problems
- Guide UI/UX decisions to ease hurdles for customers using strong design fundamentals and practices
- Build cross-functionally to prioritize work items, track progress, and deliver on commitments
- Initiate ideas, validate needs, implement solutions, and optimize as a lone operator while also knowing how and when to lean on others for advice, perspective, and direction
- Enrich our own company culture, working towards our mission using our values to work hard, but live well
- Bachelor’s Degree with technical or design-related experience preferred
- 3+ years of experience in product management of software products
- Excellent leadership, communication, and problem-solving skills
- Proven record of defining and delivering enterprise-class products and solutions
- Demonstrated experience in Agile development methodologies, and leveraging organizational tools and software for communication and coordination
- Understanding of UX design principles and experience working with customers and stakeholders as part of a design process
- Team player ready to roll up your sleeves and adapt to the changing needs of a rapidly growing company
- Experience working in US Government (Civilian, DoD, Intel);
- Experience with Geospatial/GIS, Video, Satellite Imagery, and SaaS products;
- Experience with real-time aerial video, drones, and ISR;
- Hands-on experience with Maps and GIS concepts and technologies, e.g. ArcGIS, ArcMap, OSM, GeoServer, Google Maps, USGS;
- Deep knowledge of cloud platforms (AWS/GCP/Azure), and their respective services