Lead Solutions Engineer
About The Position
Did you know that most sensor location data from drones or small aircraft are highly inaccurate on the order of 10s to 100s of meters? Now, imagine what that means for an emergency team flying a mission to find the exact location of a trapped family or to chart the area of a burning forest fire. What could go wrong when the team gives this information to decision makers for action?
At Edgybees, we are a startup on the fast track to bring clarity and accuracy to lifesaving or exploratory missions. We provide accurate georegistration and augmented reality of aerial video in real-time, enabling defense, public safety, and critical infrastructure decision makers to successfully complete their missions. Additionally, we’ve recently started the launch of our satellite imagery product that delivers the same level of clarity and accuracy in lightning speed to any decision maker needing it.
If you would like to be part of shaping the future using cutting-edge computer vision and AI/ML technologies and be a member of a team that constantly breaks new grounds, then Edgybees is searching for you!
What we do
We are the Customer Success team, and our focus is to partner with our immensely talented team of engineers and scientists to deliver on the promise of our highly accurate georegistration and augmented reality platform for our customers. We work closely with customers from Day 1 to understand their needs and ensure their success. We are the face of Edgybees to our customers.
What you’ll do
- Be the technical and domain expert partnering with our customers to solve their biggest georegistration challenges
- Work with and represent the world’s leading georegistration platform
- Collaborate closely with a team of expert software, computer vision, and geospatial engineers
- Be a conduit between customer needs and our product roadmap
- Be a contributing member of a promising startup rapidly expanding its footprint in the US market
What we believe are important traits for this role
- Strong background in a technical or analytical field like Computer Science, Software Engineering, Mathematics, Physics, Electrical Engineering, or Aerospace Engineering
- Must be a U.S. Citizen to handle both commercial and US Government work
- 10+ years experience in technical consulting, solutions engineering or product management
- Hands-on experience solving challenging technical problems in geospatial, full motion video, and satellite imagery using emerging technologies
- Experience integrating, installing, and supporting systems in challenging customer environments
- Strong hands-on experience with Linux, CLI, shell scripting, and system administration
- Ability to configure and troubleshoot networks (TCP / UDP, routers, switches, multicast, unicast, proxies, firewalls)
- Experience with container technologies (Kubernetes, Docker, OpenShift, Podman)
- Strong communication skills and ability to collaborate effectively with distributed teams
- Experience working in fast paced, high performing technical teams
- Led or managed engagements or a small team
- Willingness to travel up to 50% of the time (local or air) to support customers and experiments
Helpful experience that is a plus but not a requirement
- Active US DoD Secret Clearance (If you don’t have one, no problem. We’d still love to talk with you.)
- Expert knowledge of full motion video, drones, satellite imagery, and ISR
- Expert knowledge GIS technologies (ESRI, GeoServer, GDAL, USGS, MapBox)
- Worked with DoD or Civilian customers in a technical capacity.
- Expert knowledge of container technologies (Kubernetes, Docker, OpenShift, Podman)
- Hands-on experience with AWS
What We Value
- We value high-performing creative individuals who dig into problems and opportunities.
- We believe in being fearless in paving new roads.
- We believe in the value of diversity and encourage people of all backgrounds to apply.
- We emphasize an environment of teaching, collaboration, and learning.
- We believe in a one team philosophy - All for One, and One for All.
This job has a hybrid work model.