Senior DevOps Engineer
About The Position
Did you know that most sensor location data from drones or small aircraft are highly inaccurate on the order of 10s to 100s of meters? Now, imagine what that means for an emergency team flying a mission to find the exact location of a trapped family or to chart the area of a burning forest fire. What could go wrong when the team gives this information to decision makers for action?
At Edgybees, we are a startup on the fast track to bring clarity and accuracy to lifesaving or exploratory missions. We provide accurate georegistration and augmented reality of aerial video in real-time, enabling defense, public safety, and critical infrastructure decision makers to successfully complete their missions. Additionally, we’ve recently started the launch of our satellite imagery product that delivers the same level of clarity and accuracy in lightning speed to any decision maker needing it.
If you would like to be part of shaping the future using cutting-edge computer vision and AI/ML technologies and be a member of a team that constantly breaks new grounds, then Edgybees is searching for you!
What we do
We are the Edgybees US R&D team, and we are a fast growing team in the US geospatial and space industries. We are building the industry leading augmented reality and real-time computer vision platform for satellite imagery and full motion video. Our team is primarily responsible for the research, development, quality control, and deployment of the Edgybees platform for our U.S. customers.
What you’ll do
As a Senior DevOps Engineer in the US office, you will play a major role in designing, implementing, and supporting solutions for
- CI/CD pipelines and Infrastructure-as-Code (IaC) automation for on-premise and AWS environments
- Monitoring, observability, and dashboards for our production deployments and internal software development processes
- Our development lab and office network
You will also have the opportunity to work on cutting-edge GPU driven systems and research how to deploy our platform on portable, small-form factor systems used in mobile or physically constrained environments
Lastly, you will be part of the technical team that supports our Customer Success team in our production and internal environments by performing root-cause-analysis and providing troubleshooting guidance.
You will report directly to the Director of US R&D.
What we believe are important traits for this role
- Strong background in a technical or analytical field like Computer Science, Software Engineering, Mathematics, Physics, Electrical Engineering, or Aerospace Engineering
- Must be a U.S. Citizen to handle both commercial and US Government work
- 5+ years of strong, progressive development experience building and deploying containerized applications on Linux or Cloud platforms using CI/CD pipelines
- Hands-on experience with Kubernetes and Docker and other container technologies
- Strong hands-on experience with Linux, Git, Github, shell scripting, and system administration
- Good knowledge around networking and storage
- Understanding of AWS technologies
- Strong communication skills and ability to collaborate effectively with distributed teams
- Experience working in fast paced, high performing technical teams with tight schedules
Helpful experience that is a plus but not a requirement
- Equally proficient writing application code as you are writing infrastructure and automation code.
- Hands-on experience with AWS or other Cloud platforms
- Hands-on experience securing and hardening Linux and containerized systems
- Hands-on experience with security pipelines (system scans, container scans, static code analysis)
- Familiarity with monitoring, observability, and logging solutions
- Experience with relational or NoSQL databases
- Experience managing persistent data during system upgrades and deployments
- Active US DoD Secret Clearance (if you have one, great, we can support it!)
What We Value
- We value high-performing creative individuals who dig into problems and opportunities.
- We believe in being fearless in paving new roads.
- We believe in the value of diversity and encourage people of all backgrounds to apply.
- We emphasize an environment of teaching, collaboration, and learning.
- We believe in a one team philosophy - All for One, and One for All.
This job has a hybrid work model.