Python Backend Engineer
About The Position
We're Edgybees, a startup on the fast track to bring Clarity, Accuracy, and Speed to Lifesaving Missions. We provide accurate geo-registration and augmented reality of aerial video in real-time, enabling defense, public safety, and critical infrastructure command centers to accomplish life-saving missions. We are growing fast and looking for enthusiastic team players.
We are searching for an Experienced Python Backend Engineer to join our growing team in Israel!
You will be one of the core employees in a dynamic, hands-on small team that takes pride in high coding standards and modern development practices. You'll responsible for developing Microservices, Infrastructures, APIs, Websockets, Queuing Mechanisms, and more while using technologies like Kubernetes & Docker, ORM & Postgres, GIS & Mapping technologies alongside keeping optimizing the app for maximum efficiency.
Each member of our team is an all-around player that influences the product from the overall experience to the development. You should be passionate about software engineering, insist on high standards, and building a product end-to-end, through the technical design, coding, testing, and deployment phases.
- BSc in Computer Science or related field
- 5+ years of development experience - must!
- 3+ years of experience with Python
- Deep knowledge of microservices, Docker, Kubernetes
- Experience with developing REST API
- Experience with databases, nosql & relational db - Postgres is advantage
- Familiar with multiproccessing and threads
- High code quality standards: design patterns, testing, linting & typing
- Insist on delivering the right product, at the right quality, and on time
- Ability to work well in a team and communicate effectively
- Ability to work in a fast-paced development environment
- English - Must
Nice to have:
- Experience with task queuing such as celery or rq
- Experience with redis
- Knowledge developing with TDD/BDD
- Experience with another OOP language
- Experience with Flask
- Developing and design a system from scratch