Founded in 2016, Edgybees provides accurate geo-registration and augmented reality of aerial video in real-time, enabling defense, public safety, and critical infrastructure command centers to accomplish life-saving missions. To date, the referencing and positioning of streamed video from aerial sources has been inaccurate, often with dangerous consequences. Edgybees’ Visual Intelligence Platform, a software-only solution based on Computer Vision and Machine Learning technologies, delivers highly accurate geo-mapping and tagging of aerial video in real time. This unique approach allows for rapid decision-making by visually augmenting roads, key landmarks and other mission-critical data on top of live video feeds – via its own platform or by integrating with third-party systems. Edgybees’ operational perspective dramatically reduces time-to-target and enhances team collaboration, situational awareness and mission effectiveness.
For more information, please visit www.edgybees.com.
The Edgybees platform was initially used in 2017 to aid first responders during Hurricane Irma. It was subsequently used in 2018 during Hurricane Florence and, in 2019, to facilitate rescue during the California wildfires. The successful application of Edgybees technology in these mission-critical situations led the defense industry to the company.
If you would you like to be part of shaping the future using cutting-edge technologies and be a member of a team that constantly breaks new grounds… Edgybees are searching for an R&D Director to join our fast-growing team in Maryland, US, and make an impact!
What you will do:
- Direct and oversee all US R&D projects from discovery, through development and delivery.
- Lead team recruitment, training, and day-to-day.
- Implement work procedures, methodologies, and tools. Be responsible for coding standards and quality.
- Design solutions, evaluate architecture options, set technical direction, and quality standards. When needed - Guide implementation hands-on.
- Lead integration efforts with customers and partners, work with the product team and customers in gathering requirements.
- Establish a separate development environment for classified and US-only projects, including DevOps, IT, Cloud environment, and licenses.
- Lead the development process, constantly improve group performance and effectiveness.
- Report to the VP R&D (located in Israel).
- Active DoD secret clearance or the ability to rapidly achieve one.
- BSc in Computer Science or related field.
- At least 8 years of experience in software R&D management, including at least 3 years at management positions.
- Solid understanding of the product development lifecycle process including analysis and design, development tools and technologies, release, and deployment.
- Extensive knowledge of hardware architectures, networking, TCP/IP, client/server environments
- Goal-oriented, highly motivated, takes full ownership of projects.
- A true team-player, with great leadership and interpersonal skills. Proactive attitude, the ability to “do what it takes” to get the job done.
- A problem solver – highly inventive thinker that will provide insightful, innovative solutions to any problem.
- Experience with development under Linux.
Nice to have (At least one of these is a must):
- Experience with working in a startup environment
- Experience with Video processing and/or MISB 0601
- Experience with Linux and Cloud-architecture environments (Kubernetes is a plus)
- Experience with GIS