About The Position
We're Edgybees, a startup on the fast track to bring Clarity, Accuracy, and Speed to Lifesaving Missions. We provide accurate geo-registration and augmented reality of aerial video in real-time, enabling defense, public safety, and critical infrastructure command centers to accomplish life-saving missions. We are growing fast and looking for enthusiastic team players.
We are searching for an Engineering Manager to join our fast-growing team in Maryland, US, and make an impact!
What you will do:
- Direct and oversee all US R&D projects from discovery, through development and delivery.
- Lead team recruitment, training, and day-to-day.
- Implement work procedures, methodologies, and tools. Be responsible for coding standards and quality.
- Design solutions, evaluate architecture options, set technical direction and quality standards. When needed - Guide implementation hands-on.
- Lead integration efforts with customers and partners, work with the product team and customers in gathering requirements.
- Establish a separate development environment for classified and US-only projects, including DevOps, IT, Cloud environment, and licenses.
- Lead the development process, constantly improve group performance and effectiveness.
- Active DoD secret clearance or the ability to rapidly achieve one.
- BSc in Computer Science or related field.
- At least 8 years of experience in software R&D, including at least 3 years in management positions.
- Solid understanding of the product development lifecycle process including analysis and design, development tools and technologies, release, and deployment.
- Good understanding of networking, security, DevOps practices
- Experience with development under Linux.
- Goal-oriented, highly motivated, takes full ownership of projects.
- A true team-player, with great leadership and interpersonal skills. Proactive attitude, the ability to “do what it takes” to get the job done.
- A problem solver – highly inventive thinker that will provide insightful, innovative solutions to any problem.
Nice to have (At least one of these is a must):
- Experience with working in a startup environment
- Experience with Video processing/streaming
- Experience with Linux and Cloud-architecture environments (Kubernetes is a plus)
- Experience with GIS