Engineering Services Manager
About The Position
We're Edgybees, a startup on the fast track to bring Clarity, Accuracy, and Speed to Lifesaving Missions. We provide accurate geo-registration and augmented reality of aerial video in real-time, enabling defense, public safety, and critical infrastructure command centers to accomplish life-saving missions. We are growing fast and looking for enthusiastic team players.
If you would like to be part of shaping the future using cutting-edge technologies and be a member of a team that constantly breaks new grounds, then Edgybees is searching for you!
We are looking to hire an Engineering Services Manager to join our fast-growing team Customer Success team in Washington DC Metro area, (remote options considered) and make an impact!
What you will do:
- Be the technical expert representing our product to our customers and partners
- Be an advocate of the Customer in internal meetings and discussions
- Direct and oversee all technical customer engagements in the US - from discovery to delivery
- Build, mentor and lead our Customer Success Engineering team
- Be in charge of Customer Success technical activities: installation, configuration, integration, training, and troubleshooting of our product and its associated ecosystem of technologies in customer installations and deployments (demos, production, poc integrations, experiments)
- Collaborate closely with Product Management and R&D to ensure that all deployments delight our customers and we continuously infuse the experience and feedback into product improvements.
- Support the company’s sales efforts through advanced demos, POCs, and industry experiments.
- U.S. Citizen and DoD Clearable - Although our work spans commercial and civilian, we have a strong presence and large market with DoD and Intel customers.
- 3 + years experience leading a professional services or customer success team.
- 3+ years experience as a Support or Customer Success Engineer.
- Knowledgeable about hardware architectures, networking, TCP/IP, client/server environments, etc.
- Hands-on experience with RHEL or Ubuntu or other Linux OS using CLI.
- Experience with managing complex on-site deployments and integrations including both hardware and software installations.
- Goal-oriented, highly motivated, well-organized, and takes full ownership of projects.
- Team player, with great leadership and interpersonal skills. Have a proactive attitude, the ability to get the job done.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with an ability to convey challenges and solutions to a varied audience.
- A problem solver – highly creative thinker that will provide insightful, innovative solutions to any problem.
- Travel up to 40% as needed.
- DoD Secret or higher clearance or held a previous clearance
- Experience working in US Government (Civilian, DoD, Intel)
- Experience with Kubernetes, or K3s, Podman, OpenShift or equivalent
- Experience with real-time aerial video, drones, and ISR
- Hands-on experience with Maps and GIS concepts and technologies, e.g. ArcGIS, ArcMap, OSM, GeoServer, Google Maps, USGS
- Experience with Linux security and hardening
- RHEL or other Linux Certifications
- Kubernetes Certification
- AWS Certification (DevOps or Developer or Architect) or 2+ years hands-on AWS experience (EC2, VPC, IAM, S3)